Toolkits and Services
GDPR came into effect from May 25, 2018 and will continue to evolve beyond this date.
Do you have the evidence required to prove accountability if challenged and how confident are you that you are fully compliant? If you’re not expert-led and more self-led, we will provide a program that suits you to help you make your own path.
Both routes lead to the need for a DPO and we will make sure that the appointee is qualified for the position and will help that person (if self-led) with the Toolkit containing guides to gap analysis reviews, audits, employer’s obligations, and the legal requirements of Data Processors and Controllers.
Where to start
DLM Group will help you with their toolkit – this includes a comprehensive guide to GDPR policies, procedures and plans related to GDPR compliance and provides the training that you will need for emergency plans and procedures in the event of an audit or addressing the rights of individuals. The easy-to-use toolkit will guide you through the steps of information gathering and protection.
Overview of the Toolkit
Internal Documents – IT documentation (email, bringing your own device to work, remote working, clean desk policies, USB sticks).
- Procedures – Data subject rights, retention of records, change to procedures
- Policies – Complaints procedures, privacy notices, access requests
- Registers – Breach records, DPIs records, audits, schedules
Supply chain – Audits, data processing agreements, contractual terms
Consultancy – Retained services contracts. An efficient and economical arrangement where DLM Group regularly asses your situation and answer questions like, “I’ve done all this but I’m not sure if it’s enough, what shall I do?”
The benefits of using the Toolkit
Aside from the legal obligations, you will have procedures and policies that will give improved security, plus customer and staff satisfaction. DLM Group can provide the following GDPR services:
• Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA)
• An outsourced Data Protection Officer (DPO)
• Creation of templates for evidence-based information and policy procedures
• Crisis management – dealing with complaints or unforeseen issues.
Your documents, risk assessments, evidence-based documents, reports, policies and procedures will be in order and, in the case of being investigated or audited, you will be able to show that you are fully compliant. You will also be seen as a ‘best practice’ organisation that people will want to work with or for.
Once you have either purchased via portal or signed up to the DLM Group GDPR framework directly, you will be sent:
- An email with your logon to the online portal
- A welcome pack email with instructions
Once you have received all of the above you are ready to get started.
Document Lifestyle Management provides businesses with the following services:
- GDPR compliance and data protection
- Data Protection Officer services
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Business process optimisation
- EU representation/ Data Controller representation
- Representation in other territories
Contact us about how we can help you
To find out more about GDPR and document management, please call on 01903 255389 or join our free membership service via the Expert’s Corner page.